John G. Neihardt State Historic Site

Established: 1967
Physical Location/Address: 304 West Elm St.
City: Bancroft
County: Cuming
Hours: Open Daily: M-F 9a.m.-12 p.m. & 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Weekends: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Organization’s email:
Organization’s Phone: (402) 648-3388
Link to website or Social Media:
Events or exhibits relating to Nebraska’s 150: 52nd annual Neihardt Day Celebration on August 6th; Neihardt’s “Black Elk Speaks” named One Book One Nebraska 2017
Description: The John G. Neihardt State Historic Site, a branch museum of the Nebraska State Historical Society, includes an educational center that houses a museum, research library, gift shop, and exhibit room, with the 2.5 acre grounds that includes the Sacred Hoop Prayer Garden and historic Neihardt Study -the one-room structure where Nebraska’s Poet Laureate in Perpetuity John G. Neihardt wrote from 1911-1920.