Gage County Museum (Beatrice, Nebraska)
Executive Director/Museum Administrator Reports to: Board of Directors
Salary: $16.50 to $18.00 per hour
Hours of work: 40 per week
JOB OVERVIEW: The Executive Director is responsible for the leadership, operation, planning, and management of the Gage County Historical Society and Museum, and all associated properties. The Gage County Historical Society is a 501(c)(3) non profit organization that has been in operation for 50 years. Our mission is “To preserve, enhance, and showcase the unique history of Gage County by connecting our stories to develop appreciation throughout the wider community”. We are looking for an energetic and detail-oriented person who is comfortable with social media and becoming the face and voice of our organization in the public arena.
• Bachelor’s degree in public history, museum studies, business administration, similar curriculum, or equivalent work experience.
• Knowledge of local history a plus
• Excellent communication skills – public, and social media
• Ability to think creatively and independently in both refreshing and creating exhibits
• Strong project, resource, and time management skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word, and experience with donor management software
• Fundraising, grant writing and public speaking experience is a plus
• Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
Please email resume with references and cover letter in PDF format addressed to Marilyn Coffin at email@example.com. Resumes must be received by July 31, 2021. Interviews will be scheduled in early August. Expected start date is late August.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-228-1679 for more information.
The mission of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia is to discover, collect, preserve, and share the history, cultural heritage, and genealogical legacy of Germanic settlers in the Russian Empire.
Through the years we have fulfilled the mission, in part, by providing quarterly professional journalsand holding an annual convention where members meet and conduct family research, hear from scholars of German Russian history and ongoing research and activities, learn about the latest technology for family research, and renew old and make new acquaintances. We have purchased and translated hundreds of vital and other relevant records from Russia, conducted multiple educational classes both virtually and in person, collected stories and family histories, and assisted members and nonmembers seeking their family history and connections.
Founded in Colorado in 1968 our campus has been in Lincoln, Nebraska, since 1973. We have 3000 members worldwide, four full time staff members, a museum campus with replica buildings and artifacts of our German Russian ancestors, and a library that houses one of the largest collections of German Russian ancestral records and documents in the United States.
Our Requirements for an Executive Director: Our board of directors is seeking an experienced Executive Director with a minimum of 5 years of progressive responsible experience in a nonprofit/for profit role. An undergraduate or/graduate degree in history, historical research, business administration, management or a related field strongly preferred.
The successful candidate must have:
- Successful Executive leadership, governance, strategic planning, finance, and administration.
- The ability to successfully lead and grow programs, outreach, and operations
- A proven track record in successful fundraising – donor relationship building/sustaining and major gift development
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of nonprofit budgeting and financial management
- Skill in working with a wide range of age groups at all levels of the organization
- Experience working with board committees and board leadership.
- Wiliness to learn about and embrace the German Russian heritage and culture
- Capacity to successfully work with ambiguous situations and bring order to competing interests and priorities
Salary and Benefits: $65,000 – $75,000 based on experience and education
To apply: Resumes must be received no later than June 15, 2021. Email letter of interest, resume, and three professional references in PDF format to email@example.com using the job title and your name in the subject line (example: “Executive Director – Sally Smith”). All attachments should include your name in the file name (for example: “Sally Smith, Resume”). Interviews will be scheduled June and early July, 2021.
To post a Nebraska Museum job contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All posting require salary transparency.