||The Frank Museum is located in one of the largest mansions built during Kearney’s 19th century industrial boom. Completed in 1890, the home of George and Phoebe Frank was notable for its opulence and modernity, featuring hand-carved oak woodwork, electric lighting, indoor plumbing, steam heating, large fireplaces, and other modern amenities. Following Kearney’s collapse in the mid-1890s, the building served as both a private sanitarium and the residency for the Nebraska State Hospital for the Tubercular (now the West Campus of UNK). Today, the museum’s mission is to engage diverse audiences with the history and culture of Kearney, Nebraska, and the larger Great Plains region through collecting, preserving, and sharing the stories of the many individuals associated with this historic site. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Frank Museum serves as a living institution, interpreting the home and its cultural resources, and is dedicated to exploring our past as a way of better understanding our present and future. Throughout the year, the museum is available for public and private tours, school trips, university functions, and as a resource for class projects.