Meet the members of the Nebraska Museums Association Board.
Area Representative Job Description
- Represent all NMA and non-NMA professionals, volunteers, and institutions to the NMA Board of Directors; report constituents concerns, issues, trends, etc.
- Serve as liaison for communicating information from the Board of Directors to professionals, volunteers, and institutions in his/her congressional district.
- Identify needs for training, seminars, etc. and participate in the design and implementation of programs to meet these needs.
- Host one meeting annually for all museum professionals and volunteers in his/her area.
- Serve as the emergency contact person with the NMA for disaster relief help.
- Represent constituents at legislative hearings on issues approved by the NMA Board of Directors.
- Area representatives need to coordinate coverage of their congressional district to provide the most effective service to their constituents.
- Disaster preparedness training.
- Financial assistance for mailings, travel, phone calls, etc.
Museum of Nebraska Art, Retired
Douglas County Historical Society
Strategic Air and Space Museum
Sarah M. Polak
Mari Sandoz High Plains Heritage Center
Boys Town Hall of History
History Nebraska, Retired
Dr. Hugh Genoways
University of Nebraska State Museum, Retired